Giving Forward is in the cause marketing powered content business, as well as the virtual multi-nonprofit event business.
For the publishing / content portion of our platform Giving Forward, the parent of GoodBuzz distributes 50% of its net ad revenue to other nonprofits.
Nonprofits are selected by consumers and content contributors. Giving Forward uses a points system to count the votes of the consumers and content contributors to guide our donations (the 50% of net ad revenue). Contributors and consumers both get 6-points per pageview, advertising event or video-view.
Some visitors to the site do not select an outside cause ad therefore our points-based system attributes those unclaimed points to a “General Fund.”
The Giving Forward team decides how, where, and when to deploy the general fun allocation. We anticipate using General Fund donations as an investment into future relationships with other nonprofits or to address issues the team agrees upon.
Here are several examples of how Giving Forward may use donation balances in the general fund:
- We might reach out to a music celebrity and promise a donation to their favorite nonprofit if they:
- Do a charity benefit concert that will generate even MORE revenue for that cause and other causes (our virtual events support multiple causes at the same time).
- do a ticket-based meet and greet private event in exchange for a donation to their favorite cause (the event then generate even more donation revenue)
- We may reach out to a celebrity and:
- Ask them to join the GoodBuzz platform and commit to creating great content regularly in exchange for a guaranteed donation to their favorite cause
- In exchange for a donation to their chosen cause, we ask them to donate a special experience we can then auction or sweeps off to generate additional revenue for that cause. We might hold the auction or sweeps ourselves or use OMAZE, PRIZEO or CHARITYBUZZ.
- Donate the revenue to a nonprofit in exchange for:
- Access to a gala event where we can create content that will generate revenue on GoodBuzz for that nonprofit
- Access to and a bit of pressure on a VIP to generate content or do a concert (see above)
- Sometimes we’ll make a donation to a nonprofit we like without a specific plan to further multiply impact. However, we love win-win arrangements that multiply impact.